Dynamically control the width of the report based on visible tables (export to pdf issue) RRS feed

• Question

• User1767079229 posted

Hello,

I have 2 tables on my report, one with 10 columns, another with 20. Either one table is visible at a time, based on a parameter passed from the user.
    When the report is showing 10-column table and the user exports it to pdf, they get extra blank page after each data page because even though only small table is visible, the actual canvas size is allocation for the larger table.

Is there a way to get around that issue? How can I let the report know to wrap around the visible table?

Thanks,

Igor

Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:04 PM

Answers

• User1140095199 posted

Hi,

I have 2 tables on my report, one with 10 columns, another with 20. Either one table is visible at a time, based on a parameter passed from the user.
    When the report is showing 10-column table and the user exports it to pdf, they get extra blank page after each data page because even though only small table is visible, the actual canvas size is allocation for the larger table.

Set conditional visiblity and see if that helps. Refer to the following:

How to: Apply Conditional Visibility Controls - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd354976.aspx

A possible woraround will be to put Page Break between each table so that each table is displayed in different pages. So user may export/print only the single page.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, May 18, 2014 9:39 PM