Cannot import exchange certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

I try to import certificate to my exchange server, but after a while, an error message pops up saying that  "The imported certificate file for server failed to access for the following reason: The network name cannot be found". Can anyone help explain what the error means? 

I really need your help . Thank you 

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 2:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you trying to import the certificate from a remote server?

If so,Please copy the certificate to the local disk of your server and try again.

In addition,please note that previous Exchange forums on TechNet have been migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A and this forum is for Exchange Server Development only.

It is highly recommended to ask your question there so that there is more chance to get helpful suggestions or answers.

Regards,

Kael Yao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Kael Yao Friday, September 25, 2020 7:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kontoru Thursday, November 5, 2020 11:47 AM
    Friday, September 25, 2020 7:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you trying to import the certificate from a remote server?

If so,Please copy the certificate to the local disk of your server and try again.

In addition,please note that previous Exchange forums on TechNet have been migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A and this forum is for Exchange Server Development only.

It is highly recommended to ask your question there so that there is more chance to get helpful suggestions or answers.

Regards,

Kael Yao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Kael Yao Friday, September 25, 2020 7:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kontoru Thursday, November 5, 2020 11:47 AM
    Friday, September 25, 2020 7:40 AM
  • Hi

Sorry for late response,

Thank you for your advice. I already copy the certificate to local disk. The problem is solved. I input wrong path of the certificate :)

Regards,

Kontoru

• Edited by Kontoru Thursday, November 5, 2020 9:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kontoru Thursday, November 5, 2020 11:46 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Kontoru Thursday, November 5, 2020 11:46 AM
    Thursday, November 5, 2020 9:03 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for informing and glad to hear your problem was resolved.

Please feel free to mark your reply as the answer to the question.

This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Kael Yao

Thursday, November 5, 2020 9:15 AM