SQL Server 2005 and BizTalk Authentication RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm running BizTalk 2006 R2 and Microsoft SQL 2005 (sp 2) on Windows 2003 Server.

BizTalk is running under a domain account and can authenticate and logon to the sql server when tested via the ReceiveLocation sql connection box. I'm also using the Microsoft Enterprise Library for BizTalk to gather a SQL connection at runtime - this connection string also works.

We have this intermitent problem which manifests in the Application Logs as

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection - the funny thing here is that the user id is not passed to SQL Server.

On inspection of the SQL Logs this is the corresponding SQL error

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed

I've checked the surface area config, local and remote connection, user access for the biztalk user, ServicePrincipalNames and everything else I can think of when this error occurs but cannot get to the root of the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TheUnderStudy!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 2:09 PM

All replies

•   It is probably a configuration  problem. I would recommend searching for other forum posts with the same problem to find potential solutions.

If the information on other threads is not enough to resolve your problem, we will be glad to help, please make sure to give us more details on the nature of the problem to help us find the root cause.

Thanks a lot,

-Raul Garcia

SDE/T

SQL Server Engine

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 10:41 PM