Using Information from the Dbo.aspnet_Users Table RRS feed

• Question

• I have configured the Roles and Permissions settings on my LightSwitch Application. I have also configured the Entity Permissions. Everything is working fine and as expected.

I would like to take this one step further.

Against a user in the Roles table, I would like have a Many-to-Many relationship between the dbo.aspnet_Users table and another table (Let's call it Customers) and of course, the Many-to-Many table called UsersCustomers.

The UsersCustomers allows Users (in this case a table of SalesMen) to access many Customers if the pairing exists in the UsersCustomers table.

So, in LightSwitch, I will create a query where only the UserID from the dbo.aspnet_Users inside the UsersCustomers will retrieve the relevant Customers.

In short, I am trying to pair the Users to Customers and to filter the information view a query when the application runs.

My problem is I was hoping that I could have access to the dbo.aspnet_Users such as any table that I created in LightSwitch.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:29 PM

Answers

• hi!

i guess you could do it if you add custom users table into your application and connect them across unique username.. or you can check this blog and see if this approach can be useful to you.. hth..

Kivito

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! (M.P.F.C.)

• Marked as answer by Mabz Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:16 PM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:56 PM

All replies

• hi!

i guess you could do it if you add custom users table into your application and connect them across unique username.. or you can check this blog and see if this approach can be useful to you.. hth..

Kivito

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! (M.P.F.C.)

• Marked as answer by Mabz Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:16 PM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:56 PM
  • Thanks; I used RIA and got stuck when trying to add a data source but I figured I need a provider.
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:16 PM