none
Cannot find option for "text editor" in dialog for setting font and colors

Question

• I'm using Visual Studio 2015, and I cannot find option for "Text Editor" in dropdown list of dialog for setting font.

I think it may be caused by uninstallation of SQL server data tools or Azure SDK, but the issue isn't gone even I reinstalled both of them. I also retried to repair installation of VS, it still doesn't work.

Anyone can help me?

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 2:57 PM

Answers

• I tried Devenv.exe /ResetSettings, but it didn't work.

I followed instructions at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt720585.aspx, and I've uninstalled VS totally. The issue is gone after I reinstall VS.

Anyway, thank you.

• Proposed as answer by qing__Moderator Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shide Song Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:55 AM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Shide Song,

And according to your description, this issue maybe caused Microsoft SQL Server Tools has not been installed completely. So you could Modify your VS through control panel, and choose the button "modify", then check the item "Microsoft SQL Server Tools" and install it, please refer to the following screenshot:

If above method could not resolve your issue, please try the following step:

Tools->Import and Export Settings->Reset all settings->next->next->choose an options you want to reset.

In addition, you could try:

Click Start->Developer Command Prompt for VS-> type “devenv.exe /ResetSettings”

Hope it helpful for you!

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by qing__Moderator Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:25 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Shide Song Tuesday, March 14, 2017 6:48 AM
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:21 AM
  • Thanks, but your answer doesn't work. Is there any other method?
    Sunday, March 12, 2017 3:18 PM
  • Hi friend,

Please try the following command in command prompt:

MySettings.vssettings file in under this folder:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Settings

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings "your path" 

Please refer to the following link:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241273.aspx

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:46 AM
  • I tried Devenv.exe /ResetSettings, but it didn't work.

I followed instructions at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt720585.aspx, and I've uninstalled VS totally. The issue is gone after I reinstall VS.

Anyway, thank you.

• Proposed as answer by qing__Moderator Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shide Song Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:55 AM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:20 AM
  • Hi friend,

Glad to you know you have resolved this issue and share a solution here, please mark your reply as answer, which could be helpful for others who have the same issue. Thank you very much.

have a nice day :)

Sincerely

Oscar

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:27 AM