none
NET Framework failure to install updates 2.0 SP 1 & 3.0 SP 1 RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot get Critical Updates to install these two NET Framework updates.  I am low level tech oriented, I do not even

know why or what NET Frameword does or does not do.  In addition, I do not know what the connection is, but

I have also begun having shut down issues with MS IE. 

Microsoft prioity updates

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1 (KB929300)

These will not install and I can't get past them.  Any suggestions?    thank you.

JNVC57

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:36 AM

Answers

• You can try and repair the framework by going to:

Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs

Select "Microsoft .NET Framework X.X" where X.X is the version you have installed, likely 3.0. 

Press the "Change/Remove" button.  It may either try an automatically repair your install, or bring up a dialog that allows you to select to either uninstall, or repair.

If repairing doesn't work, you may have to uninstall the framework, then re-install it.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 6:00 PM

All replies

• The .NET Framwork is a development platform that allows applications to use pre-existing code to solve common programming challenges, as well as providing managment for the execution of said applications.  Windows Vista come pre-installed with .NET 3.0.  For operating systems before Vista, and explicit download is required.

Sometimes these issues can be caused by a damaged .NET framework component.  It may be required to repair your previous installations.

I am guessing you are running on Vista?

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 3:01 AM
  • Thank you for your explanation, I have a better idea what it is for. Unfortunately I am running  XP media edition. Maybe I should just upgrade to Vista. I have been thinking about it. I have 1 gb or ram on my Gateway notebook. I have heard that should be enough to let it operate, althogh  2 gb would be better.  Until I make the switch, I suppose I have to figure out how to repair the damaged .NET Framework component.  Not sure how to do that.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 4:57 AM
  • You can try and repair the framework by going to:

Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs

Select "Microsoft .NET Framework X.X" where X.X is the version you have installed, likely 3.0. 

Press the "Change/Remove" button.  It may either try an automatically repair your install, or bring up a dialog that allows you to select to either uninstall, or repair.

If repairing doesn't work, you may have to uninstall the framework, then re-install it.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 6:00 PM
  • Thanks. I'll give it a try.  jnvc57

Saturday, February 9, 2008 11:46 PM