Display data from Grouped SQL Statement in 'Child' popup window RRS feed

• Question

• User927770920 posted

Good afternoon all,

I am attempting to create a Parent > Child data output.

I have the following:

Parent page with Webgrid is outputting:        vehicle, vehicleDescription, count(vehicleDescription) AS 'Total' GROUP BY vehicle,vehicleDescription

What I want to do next is make the rows clickable (that's the easy part) to open a popup window (also the easy part) but showing a further layer of detail for the grouped data in the parent window.

If any of you 

a) Understand what I'm talking about 

AND

b) can give me any pointers I would be very grateful

Thanks

Mark

Friday, July 4, 2014 11:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Friday, July 4, 2014 11:57 AM
  • User927770920 posted

Thanks Mike.

The only part I can't get my head around is pulling the detail for the Grouped Data?

If I was pulling data for a single Row with a Single uniqueID It'd be straight forward, even for me, but I'm struggling to figure out how to pull data for ALL of the rows grouped in the original page?

Friday, July 4, 2014 12:22 PM
  • User379720387 posted

If the grouping is predictable you can have the code for the popup first check what grouping the Id belonged to then do a query and get all the ones you need.

You may need to add some extra data in the table to facilitate this.

Friday, July 4, 2014 12:40 PM
  • User1713851783 posted

I don't know if this could help, but jTable has the functionalities that you are searching for: CRUD tables in WebMatrix using jTable jQuery plugin.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 4, 2014 3:13 PM
  • User927770920 posted

Morning All,

Thanks for you input so far. I am trying to replicate Mike's suggestion from his first LInk.

Mike, I am getting the following error when I try to load the page:

The best overload for '.ctor' does not have a parameter named 'ajaxUpdateContainerID

I'm sure it is something simple but I can't for the life of me figure out why I'm getting the overload message?

Monday, July 7, 2014 4:10 AM
  • User927770920 posted

It WAS simple.....

Uppercase 'D'!!!

More coffee needed....

Monday, July 7, 2014 5:54 AM