none
After connect a USB Modem, the network will hang about 5 minutes on windows 8 or windows 7, but this will not happen on windows xp RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Sir, I am a engineer from a communication production company.

Our customer complained that every time after he connected our usb1.1 modem to his windows 8 , when he want to check ths ip address , but the the network connection was hang, and other applications seems slower than connect the usb1.1 modem. it will be wait about 5 minutes!  But his another windows xp pc not have this problem

We use a professional equipmet Ellisys USB Explorer 2.0 , and parse the process of our usb1.1 modem communicated with windows 8, windows 7 and windows xp. We found that windows 7 and windows 8 will send a lot of RDNIS packets after usb1.1 modem connect it for a long time, but windows xp will send a lot lesse then windows 8 and windows 7.

Our customer think the windows 7 and windows 8 will be more popular, and they request us get help from Microsoft.

We have a analyse report descript detail about this. I can send to you if you need it

Looking forward to your reply.

Monday, May 13, 2013 2:26 AM

Answers

• For something like this I suggest you contact Microsoft product support directly

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, May 13, 2013 5:50 AM