is it possible to figure out who is accessing the WCF API ? RRS feed

• Question

• User-851246726 posted

If I am working on a web application and being provided the API for webservices  that I have to integerate with my web application.

Is it possible for the owner of that web services API to figuire out who is accessing the services, from which location or IP address ?

Monday, December 31, 2012 9:51 AM

Answers

• User-836030956 posted

Hi,

As per my opinion there is not direct way to find who is accessing your web service but for make facility or probing  request come   to web service there is one way  using MessageInspector you got place where  Every request will come who will try to access your web service and check and investigate request  And using below code you can find ip address and much more detail

HttpRequest req = base.Request;

string address= req.UserHostAddress;

Thanks

Bhavik Solanki

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 1, 2013 1:35 AM
  • User-1662538993 posted

That depends like if you have to pass some kind of validation like licence key or hash with your web service request then probably they will identify that who is accessing it.

Other thing is sometimes they while list your ip address and then only you can consume their web service, in that case they will know who is accessing the web service.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:12 AM

All replies

• User-836030956 posted

Hi,

As per my opinion there is not direct way to find who is accessing your web service but for make facility or probing  request come   to web service there is one way  using MessageInspector you got place where  Every request will come who will try to access your web service and check and investigate request  And using below code you can find ip address and much more detail

HttpRequest req = base.Request;

string address= req.UserHostAddress;

Thanks

Bhavik Solanki

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 1:35 AM
  • User-1662538993 posted

That depends like if you have to pass some kind of validation like licence key or hash with your web service request then probably they will identify that who is accessing it.

Other thing is sometimes they while list your ip address and then only you can consume their web service, in that case they will know who is accessing the web service.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:12 AM