UWP Store Submission failed with error code(s) 1201 after Xamarin.Forms upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• User264449 posted

I have a UWP Xamarin.Forms app in the Microsoft Store that is based on Xamarin.Forms 4.2.x. I'm trying to release an update of my app. During development I upgraded Xamarin.Forms to 4.4. When building for the store, the local certification process passed without error.

However, when I submit it to Microsoft's Partner Center, it gets rejected almost immediately with error code 1201.

I'm using Visual Studio 2017 15.9.20.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 5:00 PM

All replies

• User176749 posted

This is bit tricky. UWP has such annoying problems often. Do you not have any text information with the code? What you can do, 1) check Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform version which one are you using? upgrade to the latest. one of the version earlier had error causing submission to fail. I hope that you dont have this version. 2) You know what! once happened to me something like that i simply pushed "submit to store again" without doing any single change. It took little longer but it worked surprisingly. 3) You can see your change history since your previous successful update and maybe one of your change is causing.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 1:05 AM
  • User264449 posted

Thanks for the ideas.

1. I saw many posts about Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform. I'm using the latest version and that has not changed since my previously successful app submissions.
    2. I saw your posting regarding hitting submit again and tried that many times without success.
    3. I rolled back my all my code changes since my last successful submission and then only changed Xamarin Forms. It failed if I used Xamarin 4.3 or higher. Something broke when Xamarin 4.3 was introduced.

I spoke with my IT guys and discovered that my VS license is good for VS 2019 so I installed that. When I built my project with Visual Studio 2019 the submission went through!

So it seems to me that there is a bug with Visual Studio 2017 and Xamarin Forms 4.3 and higher that prevents app submissions to the Microsoft Store. Can the Xamarin guys chime in on this?

Thursday, February 27, 2020 3:02 PM
  • User382871 posted

From the following similar issue link, it turns out the issue comes from Xamarin.Forms 4.3 or 4.4. Try to roll back the version of Xamarin.Form to 4.2 first, and you can report the issue to Xamarin.Forms product team to help solve the issue.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/d9e57d2b-a589-4b5f-a525-6e5670a42c1e/microsoft-store-submission-error-1201-when-trying-to-submit-update-to-app?forum=wpsubmit&prof=required

Friday, February 28, 2020 8:49 AM
  • User396358 posted

Have you guys managed to upload to the store with Xamarin.Forms 4.5+ ? I am having the same problem. Tested on Xamarin 4.5 and 4.8.

I have described the issue better here: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/184468/submission-of-uwp-app-to-windows-store-error-code-1201#latest

Microsoft support says it's related to some mobile phone package, but not sure what they meant with that.

Friday, August 21, 2020 3:25 AM