none
SAS RaidArray storage cert question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm running a SAS raid storage cert. First time with SAS for me. I'm running into issue with the Multipath IO test (logo) test.

The test fails with "make sure you have two paths to the target, etc. " I'm configured as follows, using a 2 port LSI SAS hba: What am I missing? Thanks

• Edited by Ross_Thoms Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:30 PM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:42 PM

All replies

• Any ideas? Do we have to open a case with Microsoft for an answer?
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 2:09 PM
  • Does this particular test require (2) SAS adapters or will a single 2-port adapter suffice?
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 2:10 PM
  • A bit off topic, but this may help people trying to certify a SAS raid array. Unlike iSCSI and FC, HCK doesn't identify SAS interface for raid arrays. With SAS you must select Device.Storage.Controller.SAS as a feature along with Device.Storage.Hd.RaidArray.  Not sure why HCK can properly scan the SUT for the other interface and not SAS...
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:29 PM
  • Hi Ross,

You have single path per LSI SAS controller port and Storage controller port. It should have multiple path to each controller port.

You can connect Storage Controller 1 and Storage Controller 2 to port 0 only.

Thanks,

Mudit

Thursday, April 30, 2015 5:39 AM
  • Thanks Mudit for the reply. We figured that and I should have reponded to my post. But... this doesn't really make sense for a raid array where the array controllers have failover capability?
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:22 PM