Free App - Money or Not?

Question

• I have one more question :) ... If I submit an app and set it to be free with no ads , am I getting some money or not ? I am new here :D
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:51 AM

Answers

• You don't earn money from free Apps that show no Ads and don't offer In-App purchases.

Basically monetization is up to you - you can:

- sell an App and receive (in most regions) 70% of the sales price excluding taxes

- provide a free App and earn money through Ads

- provide a free or paid App and earn money through In-App purchases (IAP)

But there'd be several other possible ways an App can help you make money although not all of them might be applicable to you. This normally applies if you already run a business that you could help with the App (e.g. a pizza restaurant that lets you order easily through the App might be able to increase business that way or a web shop that allows people to order through an App).

Another possible scenario would be an App that reviews products and provides links to buy those products generating money through affiliate links (a model often used by websites).

That being said: direct App sales, Ad supported and IAP are the most common way to make money for devs on mobile platforms.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:55 AM