Cannot get Developer License

Question

• Hi

I'm using Windows 8 32 bit Customer Preview and Visual Studio 11 Beta. It was a clean install on a new hard disk

I'm trying to write my first Metro style app and have been prompted to get a developer license. I press "I Agree" on the dialog presented. The tool then goes off to the licensing server and I am then asked to enter my Microsoft account password. Unfortunately the once I enter the password the OK button doesn't do anything. The cancel button cancels but the OK button does nothing.

The same is also true if I use powershell and Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration

Obviously this is a complete show stopper for developing a Metro app (or have I missed something and its not a problem - certainly the visual designed blows up with "access denied")

Has anyone seen this and/or have a solution of how to get a developer license?

Update: looks like every time I need to authenticate off machine (buying from the store for example) that the OK button doesn't work (I can log on to the machine no problem) however I definitely have an Internet connection - this all seems very strange

Richard Blewett, thinktecture - http://www.dotnetconsult.co.uk/weblog2
    Twitter: richardblewett

Sunday, May 06, 2012 7:30 AM

Answers

All replies