Is Server.HtmlDecode the right tool? RRS feed

• Question

• User-911157248 posted

This stems from a recent similiar issue: I have since add edit capabilities.

My access db is made up of imported records from recipes. In the memo fields are paragraphs users have typed replete with ingredients listed in succession (1 per line) then a normal paragraph follows. When in editmode(multi line textbox), suddenly in each line ends with <br>. How to fix this? I want to preserve the line breaks od course.

Friday, October 29, 2010 2:01 PM

Answers

• User-1199946673 posted

That's because you're doing things your way... In the other post, I adviced, when showing the content of the multiline textbox, to replace the line breaks with a <br> tag, However, you decided to do the replacement before storing the input into the database, which off course results in what you're facing now. So read again what I wrote.

Another, perhaps better option is to use a HTML Editor like FreeTextBox 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 5:13 PM

All replies

• User-1199946673 posted

That's because you're doing things your way... In the other post, I adviced, when showing the content of the multiline textbox, to replace the line breaks with a <br> tag, However, you decided to do the replacement before storing the input into the database, which off course results in what you're facing now. So read again what I wrote.

Another, perhaps better option is to use a HTML Editor like FreeTextBox 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 5:13 PM
  • User-911157248 posted

I think I see what you mean. The other issue is whether the memo field should be stored as rich text or plain? This seems to affect it.

Monday, November 1, 2010 9:25 AM