Searching for a good book on System.Collections.Generics RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I am searching for a good book on working with collections in VB.Net. Specifically, wth emphasis on the System.Collections.Generic class. I tried to read Professional .Net 2.0 Generics(ISBN-10: 0764559885), but it was difficult because it is written for C#. I also tried to read Pro VB 2005 and the .Net 2.0 Platform(ISBN-10: 1590595785), which covers the topic briefly, but not to the depth that I am looking for.

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 3:13 PM

Answers

• ren,

As far as I known, the best book for studying the .NET Framework programming is CLR Via C# written by Jeffrey Richter.

Since you prefer to post the question in VB forums, I guess you are more familiar with VB language than C#. I am reading the book Visual Basic 2005: The Language written by Francesco Balena. Francesco's blog introduces this book in the link below:

http://www.dotnet2themax.com/blogs/fbalena/PermaLink,guid,7e317abe-1f27-4642-be7f-77a72a39dbaf.aspx 

Except the books, I would like to recommend you to read the related articles in Blogs, MSDN Magazines and study the standard usage of each objects in System.Collections.Generics namespace in MSDN.

Hope that can help you.

Friday, January 25, 2008 5:54 AM