How can I get the data that use powerpivot to give me a result? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to see the data table that powerpivot used for give me the result, example (4 086 663 $ and 3 850 000 $)<o:p></o:p>

Thanks

Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:11 PM

Answers

• If you create a pivot table with the same filters and measure you should be able to double click on the amount to drillthrough. Note that this will only drillthrough on the external filters (eg. the slicer values) if you have complex filtering inside the DAX expression you are effectively only seeing the data that was fed into that expression.

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:54 PM
  • Carlos, 

You cannot have just the graphics. There should be an actual physical pivot table hiding somewhere in your workbook.  If you right click on the chart you will you see a "Select Data" option on the menu. If you click on it, you will see where exactly/which worksheet your pivot table is in.

Time to consider moving on to Power BI. It has got a very flexible drill through capabilities. 

N - 

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:44 AM

All replies

• If you create a pivot table with the same filters and measure you should be able to double click on the amount to drillthrough. Note that this will only drillthrough on the external filters (eg. the slicer values) if you have complex filtering inside the DAX expression you are effectively only seeing the data that was fed into that expression.

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:54 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, I could not do it. Is there another way?
    Monday, March 13, 2017 4:14 PM
  • Hello, 

In addition to double clicking, you also have a choice of more controlled drill through. If you click once on a cell you are interested to explore a "quick explore" icon will appear (shaped like magnifying glass). By clicking on quick explore icon you will launch a small explore window. From here you can navigate to a specific field. See the picture below. I hope it helps. 

Good luck

Nick - 

Monday, March 13, 2017 6:44 PM
  • Hello,

I have only graphics, I need the data table for 3 850 000 $ and 4 086 663 $

Thanks 

Carlos

Monday, March 13, 2017 8:18 PM
  • Carlos, 

You cannot have just the graphics. There should be an actual physical pivot table hiding somewhere in your workbook.  If you right click on the chart you will you see a "Select Data" option on the menu. If you click on it, you will see where exactly/which worksheet your pivot table is in.

Time to consider moving on to Power BI. It has got a very flexible drill through capabilities. 

N - 

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:44 AM