locked
SQLDATASOURCE Problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • User670644709 posted

    Hi i want to configure the SQLDATASOURCE control......i have successfully done it with

    Datasource= "Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)".....   data is fetching with it nicely

    But having got an error when i tried to do it with the option of 

    Datasource = "Microsoft SQL Server Database File (SqlClient)"

    The DB file attached successfully but when i tried to test connection it returns me an error of :

    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.

    (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 – Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 5)

    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 – Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 1326)

    I tried to fix it as instructed in this link:

    http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2009/05/21/sql-server-fix-error-provider-named-pipes-provider-error-40-could-not-open-a-connection-to-sql-server-microsoft-sql-server-error/

    BUt all in vain........Kindly suggest any solution

    Monday, February 20, 2012 7:59 AM

Answers

  • User670644709 posted

    Thanks Decker but i have solved it by using:

    Datasource= "Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)".....   data is fetching with it nicely

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:22 AM

All replies

  • User-740453238 posted

    Make sure that that SQL is set for TCP/IP connections.  It is set to disabled by default.

    Monday, February 20, 2012 10:37 AM
  • User3866881 posted

    Hello mmazee:)

    if mhinkle2 cannot solve your problem,plz show us your connection string。

    Reguards!

    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:23 PM
  • User670644709 posted

    Thanks Decker but i have solved it by using:

    Datasource= "Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)".....   data is fetching with it nicely

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:22 AM
  • User3866881 posted

    Thanks Decker but i have solved it by using:

    Datasource= "Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)".....   data is fetching with it nicely

    Congratulations!

    Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:29 AM