CreateUserWizard and e-mail validation RRS feed

• Question

• User-1334992823 posted

Hi everybody, 

I'm using the CreateUserWizard from CSS Friendly Control Adapters and i'm trying to validate the email address. I set the attributes EmailRegularExpressionErrorMessage and EmailRegularExpression to the values i want. It seems that the validation process is correct because it doesn't create the user and reload the page, but it doesn't show any message, while it shows the message for the confirm password check. I see that there is no javascript code added for email check on the page...during the debug i see that the expression:

wizard.FindControl("CreateUserStepContainer").FindControl("EmailRegExpValidator")

return a null value...so it doesn't write to the html document the javascript code...How can i fix that? Am i doing something wrong? 

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 11:16 AM

All replies

• User-448441214 posted

Hi, I have the same problem, has anybody a solution for this ?

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:44 AM
  • User-1385398420 posted

Can you post the contents of your .aspx page so we can see your code?

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:25 AM
  • User-1334992823 posted

Hi there! I see only now the answer. I have still this problem with the page. Here is post the code, the form contains only the CreateUserWizard. The problem is that the EmailRegularExpression check works fine, but it doesn't show the message.

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:CreateUserWizard ID="CreateUserWizard"

runat="server" AnswerLabelText="Risposta segreta" AnswerRequiredErrorMessage="La Risposta segreta è obbligatoria."

CancelButtonText="Annulla" CompleteSuccessText="Il suo account &#232; stato creato correttamente. Tra qualche istante ricever&#224; una mail all'indirizzo che ci ha fornito, da cui pu&#242; seguire il link per terminare la registrazione."

ConfirmPasswordCompareErrorMessage="La Password e la Password di conferma devono coincidere."

ConfirmPasswordLabelText="Conferma password" ConfirmPasswordRequiredErrorMessage="La Password di conferma &#232; obbligatoria."

ContinueButtonText="Continua" CreateUserButtonText="Crea utente" DuplicateEmailErrorMessage="L'indirizzo e-mail inserito &#232; gi&#224; utilizzato. La preghiamo di inserire un indirizzo diverso."

DuplicateUserNameErrorMessage="Il nome utente inserito è già stato utilizzato. La preghiamo di inserire un nome utente diverso."

EmailRegularExpressionErrorMessage="L'indirizzo E-mail inserito non è valido."

EmailRequiredErrorMessage="L'indirizzo E-mail è obbligatorio." FinishCompleteButtonText="Fine"

FinishPreviousButtonText="Indietro" InvalidAnswerErrorMessage="La preghiamo di inserire una risposta segreta diversa."

InvalidEmailErrorMessage="La preghiamo di inserire un indirizzo e-mail valido."

InvalidPasswordErrorMessage="Lunghezza minima per la password: 8." InvalidQuestionErrorMessage="La preghiamo di inserire una domanda segreta diversa."

PasswordRegularExpressionErrorMessage="" PasswordRequiredErrorMessage="La Password è obbligatoria."

QuestionLabelText="Domanda segreta" QuestionRequiredErrorMessage="La Domanda segreta è obbligatoria."

StartNextButtonText="Avanti" StepNextButtonText="Avanti" StepPreviousButtonText="Indietro"

UnknownErrorMessage="L'account non è stato creato. La preghiamo di provare di nuovo."

UserNameLabelText="Nome utente" UserNameRequiredErrorMessage="Il Nome Utente è obbligatorio."

EmailRegularExpression="^([\w-\.]+)@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.)|(([\w-]+\.)+))([a-zA-Z]{2,4}|[0-9]{1,3})(\]?)$"

FinishDestinationPageUrl="~/Login.aspx" LoginCreatedUser="False" CancelDestinationPageUrl="~/Login.aspx"

ContinueDestinationPageUrl="~/Login.aspx" OnCreatedUser="CreateUserWizard_CreatedUser"

CssClass="AspNet-CreateUserWizard" DisplayCancelButton="True" EmailLabelText="E-mail"

PasswordLabelText="Password" HeaderText="Registrazione di un nuovo utente" InstructionText="Inserire i campi richiesti" DisableCreatedUser="True" OnSendingMail="CreateUserWizard_SendingMail">

<WizardSteps>

<asp:CreateUserWizardStep runat="server" Title="Creazione di un nuovo account">

</asp:CreateUserWizardStep>

<asp:CompleteWizardStep runat="server" Title="Operazione completata">

</asp:CompleteWizardStep>

</WizardSteps>

<MailDefinition BodyFileName="~/App_Data/BodyRegistrazione.txt" From="info@info.it"

Subject="Registrazione....">

</MailDefinition>

</asp:CreateUserWizard>

</form>

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 10:20 AM