Moving a Classic ASP site with Crystal Reports RRS feed

• Question

• User823857467 posted

I was tasked with moving a classic ASP web site from a cloud based hosting service to an internal web server for internal use only. I've got the "website" part of the puzzle working pretty flawlessly but have hit a complete roadblock when it comes to getting the report side of things working correctly. The reports work when viewed in a viewer but when they are viewed in the web browser all I get is a disabled scrollbar on the right side of the screen with no errors in the developer tools.  I've used SSRS before which you publish your reports to and are then viewed that way but from what Ive read that isn't required for CR. If that is not true I would assume I need to purchase CR Server before I can move forward. 

Windows Server 2012r2

IIS8

CR11

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Monday, September 23, 2019 1:23 PM

All replies

• User665608656 posted

Hi Fordyce_TPC,

According to your description, I suggest you can try using the InitCommonControls or InitCommonControlsEx API call in the Form_Initialise event of the first form your project loads.

If it doesn't work, you can also try with ExcludeModule method SkinFrameWork.ExcludeModule "Name of OCX or DLL".

Or don't apply new windows to be skinned automatically: SkinFrameWork.AutoApplyNewWindows = False  and when a form has to be loaded, apply skin manually: SkinFramework.ApplyWindow(MyForm.hWnd).

For more details, you can refer to these links : 

Crystal Reports Scrollbar Not Working

Scroll bars not working in preview window

Best Regards,

YongQing.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 7:19 AM