Specify local endpoint ip possible? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1323492260 posted
    There has to be a way to do this but I can't find anything online about it.

Say you have 2 NICs, so your machine has 2 different IP addresses, is there a way to set my local signalr endpoint (preferably client side but interested in server side as well) to use a specific ip so the signalr traffic will be routed through the NIC of my choice? I can do this with regular old Sockets

Any help is appreciated, thanks
    Steve
    Thursday, January 7, 2016 6:55 PM

All replies

• User-1323492260 posted

If this isn't possible, is it possible to initiate the connection from host to client?

To explain further, I'm looking to attach my cell phone to a hardware device via wifi.  This will eliminate the possibility of internet through wifi since the device is not connected.  I'd like to still be able to establish a signalr connection via cellular so that I can have internet while connected to the hardware device.

I can get the IP of the cellular modem while connected to wifi, so I need to either set the local endpoint for signalr to use that IP so the traffic gets routed through cellular, or I can send the cellular IP of my phone to my signalr host server and have the server send the request to that IP.  

Anything?  Thanks

Steve

Thursday, January 7, 2016 11:32 PM
  • User-1926401737 posted

Hi,

I need to either set the local endpoint for signalr to use that IP so the traffic gets routed through cellular, or I can send the cellular IP of my phone to my signalr host server and have the server send the request to that IP.  

Refer to this, it explained how to get caller ip address.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11044361/signalr-get-caller-ip-address

swing

Friday, January 8, 2016 7:39 AM