Information about Azure CDN for web roles has disappeared from new documentation RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The CDN service is not currently available to enable in storage accounts.

Regards,

Alan

Free e-book: Windows Azure Service Bus Developer Guide.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:00 AM
  • Hi,

Yes. You can find CDN on the new management portal. There's a new tab called CDN.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:27 PM
  • Could you please elaborate your question and share which documentation are you referring

Friday, August 30, 2013 6:17 AM
  • Where exactly is the CDN tab on the new portal?
    Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:35 PM
  • Where exactly is the CDN tab on the new portal?

You can find CDN icon from the left part of the new portal, between ACTIVE DERECTORY and NETWORKS.
    Monday, September 2, 2013 5:33 AM
  • Hi Porges,

@ KPMG_MCL

>>Where exactly is the CDN tab on the new portal?

If you didn’t find the CDN tab on the new portal you can refer the similar thread

(http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsazure/en-US/402c58fb-feac-4ae7-9ecf-69ee01dc1b43/how-can-i-enable-the-cdn-the-link-in-the-management-site-is-missing#45ce4ca3-fb4e-4df1-968c-c2f3c588ac35 )

Try the method that Ashish have provided.

Best Regards

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 2, 2013 8:27 AM
  • Hi Ming,

I was specifically asking about CDN for web roles, not storage accounts. This used to be documented but there is no mention of it in the current documentation at: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/common-tasks/cdn/

Can you confirm the CDN for web services exists?

Thanks

Friday, September 6, 2013 3:30 AM
  • Hi,

When you create a new CDN, you can choose from storage account or clould service (web role). The UI is the same. Please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/gg680301.aspx for more information.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Porges Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:48 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 2:44 AM
  • Thanks Ming
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:48 PM
  • The Azure CDN is not available for new customers at present. 

They are apparently building a 'new' cdn and have removed access to the old one for new customers. There are some other threads which talk about asking Support to enable it for you but they aren't doing that any more.

Here's what I got from Azure support this morning:

"Regarding CND Request I would like to let you know we’re in the process of building out our next generation Windows Azure Content Delivery Network (CDN) architecture, and during this time we are no longer accepting new CDN customers.

With the CDN functionality having recently transitioned to the new Azure management portal, we have enabled it automatically only for customers who were using CDN in the old management portal, so they can continue to manage their CDN configurations. For everyone else, the CDN feature is not enabled in the new portal.

We highly encourage you to wait until we’re ready building our next generation Azure CDN service.

"

We are 'highly encouraged to wait'. I have requested a timeline on when this might be available. I'll update when I know.

• Proposed as answer by Ashish Goyal Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:56 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:17 AM