Web App Custom Domain - "A" Record problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have purchased a domain through Google Domains and I have added a CNAME Record and A record pointing to the specific locations requested by my Web App > Custom Domains tab/menu.

My Google Domains records:

Text of picture:

Name - Type - TTL - Data

@ - A - 1h - <AzureAppIPAdress>

www - CNAME - 1h - <appname>.azurewebsites.net

I am able to successfully browse to my site via "www.<appname>.com" but when I browse via "<appname>.com" or "<AzureAppIPAdress>" in my browser, I get a Error 404 - Web app not found. Has anyone dealt with this issue or have any recommendations to get this to work?

Azure complains when I try to validate <appname>.com in Custom domains module:

Text of picture:

Domain ownership
    No TXT records were found. Please create a TXT record pointing from <appname>.com to <appname>.azurewebsites.net

• Edited by Huntk20 Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:25 PM De-identified website name
    Monday, August 21, 2017 11:18 PM

Answers

• As the output indicates no TXT records exist for localfoodconnect.com. Please follow the steps here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service-web/app-service-web-tutorial-custom-domain#map-an-a-record

Just as an FYI:

When validating Hostnames App Services require that A records pointing to the IP address also have TXT pointing to the <AppService>.azurewebsites.net domain. In your scenario that would be equivalent of [TXT][@][localfoodconnect.azurewebsites.net]

Matt Nielson

• Marked as answer by Huntk20 Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:22 PM
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 12:22 AM

All replies

• As the output indicates no TXT records exist for localfoodconnect.com. Please follow the steps here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service-web/app-service-web-tutorial-custom-domain#map-an-a-record

Just as an FYI:

When validating Hostnames App Services require that A records pointing to the IP address also have TXT pointing to the <AppService>.azurewebsites.net domain. In your scenario that would be equivalent of [TXT][@][localfoodconnect.azurewebsites.net]

Matt Nielson

• Marked as answer by Huntk20 Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:22 PM
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 12:22 AM
  • Thanks MattN_, I honestly don't know how I kept missing that. I re-read that article a couple times.
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:23 PM