VS 2013 vs package. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi MS  VS team,

Warm congratulations on Visual 2013 release. we have been developing source control plugin since vs2005 as VS package. we had some API call changes when compare to previous releases when we were developing plugin for VS 2012.

This is a very generic question

Are there any changes in APIcalls in visual 2013 ?  Could you please let me know where can i find all details regarding to API in Visual 2013? please let me know if there is any link or documentation.

Thanks and regards,

Bheem.

Friday, November 22, 2013 6:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Bheem,

>>Do you think were there any changes are introduced in API 2013 

I assume that the "API 2013 " in the question above was about  Source Control Plug-in API Functions in Visual Studio 2013, then I think there might be some changes,because the environment has turned different.

As for the specific changes, I could not make the bold guess without testing.

Best Regards,

Jane.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Bheemanapally Friday, November 22, 2013 9:50 AM
    Friday, November 22, 2013 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Bheem,

I feel sorry for that I am not able to find any specific links or documents that describe the changes of Source Control Plug-in API Functions from Visual Studio 2012 to Visual Studio 2013.

Please try to debug the project in Visual Studio 2013 and check if there would occur errors.

If you could find error message about Source Control Plug-in API Functionsin Visual Studio 2013,which worked fine in Visual Studio 2012, then you would get the answer.

Best Regards,

Jane.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, November 22, 2013 9:23 AM
  • HI 

THANKS for your reply. Its Ok for "No documentation on changes in API".

Do you think were there any changes are introduced in API 2013 

or 

Do you think was there any change in behaviour ?

Friday, November 22, 2013 9:27 AM
  • Hi Bheem,

>>Do you think were there any changes are introduced in API 2013 

I assume that the "API 2013 " in the question above was about  Source Control Plug-in API Functions in Visual Studio 2013, then I think there might be some changes,because the environment has turned different.

As for the specific changes, I could not make the bold guess without testing.

Best Regards,

Jane.

• Marked as answer by Bheemanapally Friday, November 22, 2013 9:50 AM
    Friday, November 22, 2013 9:45 AM