none
Custom Task Pane becomes corrupt when working with embedded slide objects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my VSTO 2007 Word Add-in, I have a custom task pane containing a tree view that is used to navigate through my word document and I have also embedded PowerPoint slides (OLE Object) within my word document. When I edit my embedded slide object (either by double clicking on the slide or by using right click), my word ribbon changes to that of PowerPoint and I am able to edit the slide. When I am done editing the slide, I navigate back to Word ( either through the 'ESC' key or clicking outside the slide) and my custom task pane appears.

However, this behavior is consistent if I work with a single document. From the second document onwards, when I navigate back to word, the custom task pane becomes corrupt and I am not able to view it anymore. Also, if I had some built-in task panes open(e.g. Find) , even that becomes hidden. If I navigate to another tab in the ribbon and navigate back, then my task panes become visible again.

I am able to reproduce the above scenario consistently on Word 2007 and Word 2010. 

Is this a default behavior with Word ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Rajeev

Thursday, March 1, 2012 5:53 AM

All replies

• It sounds like the custom task panes are not corrupted they just are, given certain conditions, not redisplaying as you would like.  Is that correct? 

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

Thursday, March 1, 2012 12:58 PM
  • If they were based on certain conditions, even the first document would have exhibited the same behavior. Similarly, I do not have any code which works on the built-in task panes (e.g. Find). So I don't think its a issue with re-display.

Regards,

Rajeev

Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:29 AM