Changing the Start screen colour/image - is it possible?

Question

• So, I know you guys like that green, since it's everywhere on the Build site... but can I change the image on the Start screen background? You're seriously not going to stick me with a single background, right?
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:07 PM

Answers

• I don't have a direct answer for you right this minute.  We'll likely do a b8 blog about the changes we make based on the feedback.  Hold tight and thanks for all the posts!

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:52 PM
  • As another MS Employee posted earlier, the Developer Preview build does not contain all the features that will be present in Windows 8. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the start screen color at this time.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:35 PM

All replies

• I desperately want to know this too, the green is driving me crazy!
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:27 PM
  • I would also like to change it. Green is my least favourite colour.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:32 PM
  • Good question. I want to know this, too.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

• Proposed as answer by Kekami Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:24 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Kekami Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:24 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:48 PM
  • No, it is not possible in this build.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:31 PM
  • As another MS Employee posted earlier, the Developer Preview build does not contain all the features that will be present in Windows 8. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the start screen color at this time.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:35 PM
  • We desperately need this!!!!
    Contact me - djdanster123@hotmail.co.uk
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:51 PM
  • Enable the “high contrast” mode in Control Panel > Ease of Access to see a dark themed Start screen!  It goes very black.
    • Proposed as answer by stevridie Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:24 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:21 PM
    will the Beta have an option to change the color?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:34 PM
  • I don't have a direct answer for you right this minute.  We'll likely do a b8 blog about the changes we make based on the feedback.  Hold tight and thanks for all the posts!

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:52 PM
  • Mine has turned pure white. I don't know what happened?? I can see all the apps but the background has turned white.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:12 PM
  • There must be a way to do it in the reg files, right?

Because when it was first showed off the background was purple, which i LOVED! and now its green, which i don't like, so im guessing theres a little hack in the reg to change the image/colour?! :)

Friday, September 16, 2011 10:30 AM

thanks!

Friday, September 16, 2011 1:47 PM