none
How to uninstall existing version of Bing Maps SDK for metro? RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have the Windows 8 CP (and cannot upgrade to release preview at present as need to await company policy). I installed the Bing Maps SDK for metro style apps (RP) but when I include it as a reference in a Windows 8 project I get a compile error

Error 1 Cannot find type Windows.UI.Xaml.Input.PointerRoutedEventArgs in module Windows.winmd. Application1

I wanted to then revert back to the Bing Maps SDK (Beta) version for which I still have a .vsix saved locally. But, how can I uninstall the existing Bing Maps (RP) version? When I go to visual studio > extension manager and select to uninstall the SDK I get a dependency alert that the extension will be removed from the Extension Manager but not uninstalled from the system because it is required by the following installed products:

Bing Maps SDK for Metro style apps (RP)

This means I cannot install my Bing Maps (Beta) version as it says the extension already exists.

Can you please advise either how I can use the Bing Maps SDK (RP) on a Windows 8 CP or how I can uninstall the Bing Maps SDK (RP) from my system so I can install the Beta version again.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 10:50 AM

Answers

• Uninstall issue is now solved - I needed to uninstall Bing Maps SDK from the extension manager > installed extensions > tools rather than installed extensions > SDKs.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:48 AM