none
Sending EDI from Orchestration in BizTalk 2009 with delivery notification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

hope there is someone who can help me! I want to achieve following:

I have an orchestration which sends a common xml file to different destination parties (at this stage it's not edi). The mapping to the edi schemas occurs in the send ports. In my orchestration I like to use the "delivery notification" function, to get a response, if the message could be transported. One party can receive different edi schemas, so I need several send ports for each party.

How can I use the "delivery notification" in combination with dynamic routing (based on destination party + target message type)? The only alternatives I know ist to use "direct routing" in orchestration, but then I don't have the "delivery notification" or I use role links, but then I can't have different edi types per party (in a role link I can combine only one party to one send port).

Is there a possibility to achieve what I need? Thanks in advance for you help!

Monday, April 12, 2010 12:21 PM

Answers

• Looks like you want to use Direct binding in orchestration and then send port will subscribe to the message based on a filter condition. Correct me if I am wrong. 

What I know is that you can use Delivery Notfication only with 'Dynamic' or 'Specify Later' bindings. So if you can use a decision shape inside orchestration and have multiple direct bounded ports other than a single port with direct binding, we can use delivery notification. May not be a dynamic solution. Other than this, I am not sure how it can be done. 

My 2 cents.

Atin Agarwal

• Marked as answer by BizzzUser Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:42 AM
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:26 PM
  • Then you want to use one of two things:

1. Individual Orchestrations that are all looking for source schema of X transform it to EDI document A, B, and C and have delivery notification all sending to the same edi send port

2. Direct Orchestration binding where multiple orchestrations are self referencing and the the calling orchestrations determine which orchestrations get called.

Eric Stott [http://blog.biztalk-info.com] - Mark as Answer if this reply does.
    Friday, April 16, 2010 3:02 PM

All replies

• Looks like you want to use Direct binding in orchestration and then send port will subscribe to the message based on a filter condition. Correct me if I am wrong. 

What I know is that you can use Delivery Notfication only with 'Dynamic' or 'Specify Later' bindings. So if you can use a decision shape inside orchestration and have multiple direct bounded ports other than a single port with direct binding, we can use delivery notification. May not be a dynamic solution. Other than this, I am not sure how it can be done. 

My 2 cents.

Atin Agarwal

• Marked as answer by BizzzUser Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:42 AM
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:26 PM
  • Please explain further why you can't use role links, I think the Role Link solution is the method you want to use to accomplish what you are looking for.
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:19 AM
  • Role Links are fine if a have this scenario: one party connected to one role link, and one role link connected to one send port. The send port contains the EDI mapping.

But in my scenario I have this:

- one party, one role link but several send ports, because I have different EDI mappings.

- I like to assign the mappings to the send ports, to which the source messages are routed dynamically (DestinationPartyID).

- There is one common source schema, which is mapped to the different EDI schemas (in the send ports).

- If a error occurs I like to have the notification in my orchestration.

I don't find a way to achieve this.

Friday, April 16, 2010 10:56 AM
  • Then you want to use one of two things:

1. Individual Orchestrations that are all looking for source schema of X transform it to EDI document A, B, and C and have delivery notification all sending to the same edi send port

2. Direct Orchestration binding where multiple orchestrations are self referencing and the the calling orchestrations determine which orchestrations get called.

Friday, April 16, 2010 3:02 PM
  • Hi Eric,

I think your second solution is working in my scenario. Thank you for your help!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:42 AM