Agent Job failed with data source instance error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have a package that calls multiple packages. The first task is to get the server details and use them as variables in the connection managers of the other packages.

This package is scheduled to run everyday and it failed today. when i looked under the SSIS Catalogs for error messages. It is giving the following error message "A data source instance has not been supplied for the data source "ExecutionParameters"

Please need help.

Thanks

Thursday, December 1, 2016 2:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did it start working after the failure?

Do you think somebody would remember by an error message how to fix it? I doubt it.

Please post every detail of your package.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

• Marked as answer by AmyBI Monday, December 5, 2016 1:18 PM
    Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:10 PM
  • Hi AmyBI,

Based on my search, that error is related to Reportviewer control. So I may guess that in your package there's script task that tries to, maybe, render an SSRS report? In any case, a solid suggestion would be to ask the develop guy to debug your script.

You would find various suggestion that may fix that error by googling or consult experts at this forum.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Eric__Zhang Friday, December 2, 2016 6:40 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2016 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did it start working after the failure?

Do you think somebody would remember by an error message how to fix it? I doubt it.

Please post every detail of your package.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:10 PM
  • Hi AmyBI,

Based on my search, that error is related to Reportviewer control. So I may guess that in your package there's script task that tries to, maybe, render an SSRS report? In any case, a solid suggestion would be to ask the develop guy to debug your script.

You would find various suggestion that may fix that error by googling or consult experts at this forum.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Eric__Zhang Friday, December 2, 2016 6:40 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2016 6:40 AM
  • Hi AmyBI,

MSDN Community Support

Thanks Arthur and Eric,

It took me 3 days, but finally got to the bottom of it. One of the child packages was doing a backup and it failed. The log size filled up. My question is why does SSIS throw a generic error message instead of pointing to the exact place where the error is. Its waste of time to go through multiple packages. Thanks again.

• Proposed as answer by Special Egg Monday, December 5, 2016 5:45 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2016 1:20 PM
  • Hi AmyBI,

What is the execution report like? Based on my test, my report indicates the problematic child package.

MSDN Community Support

Monday, December 5, 2016 10:56 PM