windows 8 Developer Preview Error in installation

Question

• Hi I tried to install the Windows 8 Developer Preview on my Compaq 610 laptop. When i click on Install now it shows the following message and i stuck there with no options left to go "Next". The dialog box opens with following message: "No device drivers were found. make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click ok" Any help on this ? Thanks & Regards
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 8:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Shaan,

I have searched for your Compaq 610, it's hardware seems to comply with the specs needed for WDP and I expect most drivers to be available, at least up to the Windows7 level of up gradation, so there should be no issues with WDP. I would suggest you reinstall in a dual boot, if your Vista still exists, or on the partition you installed WDP on. You may select custom install while booting from the DVD/ USB, format the selected drive by going into Advanced Options, and reinstall WDP. Keeping the net on all along shall be helpful, Update it to get all the updates manually through the Control Panel, More Settings, System and Security, Windows updates, Check for Updates. Please install all the important as well as optional updates. Lets hope it makes things better.

Irfan
    Monday, December 12, 2011 1:03 AM

All replies

• Could post back the steps thet you follow to download and install Windows 8 (from downloading , burn to DVD, using other software to install). Also did you install it from MSDN website or other website?

Try restart your PC and start installation again.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:09 AM
  • Hi I have downloaded it from other website and error message are uploaded at below mentioned link. I have tried restarting the system. I was installing it through USB drive. http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee455/shaanspecial/Etc/Image647.jpg http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee455/shaanspecial/Etc/Image648.jpg
    Shaan Bhasin
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:51 AM
  • Please download and reinstall WDP as per download links and instructions given on the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516.aspx

Irfan
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 1:58 PM
  • Is there any other solution because i don't think there would be any change in the downloaded files as i again have to post back if this would not solve the problem as i'm sure about this.
    Shaan Bhasin
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 6:51 PM
  • Hi Shaan,

I have searched for your Compaq 610, it's hardware seems to comply with the specs needed for WDP and I expect most drivers to be available, at least up to the Windows7 level of up gradation, so there should be no issues with WDP. I would suggest you reinstall in a dual boot, if your Vista still exists, or on the partition you installed WDP on. You may select custom install while booting from the DVD/ USB, format the selected drive by going into Advanced Options, and reinstall WDP. Keeping the net on all along shall be helpful, Update it to get all the updates manually through the Control Panel, More Settings, System and Security, Windows updates, Check for Updates. Please install all the important as well as optional updates. Lets hope it makes things better.

Irfan
    Monday, December 12, 2011 1:03 AM