none
Submission update problem.

Question

• Hello.

I'm developing hybrid HTML application in Cordova for my client. I created an update for my application using UWP Platform. Previous version of app was made in Windows Phone Silverlight Project. After publishing app to the Windows Store I found that update does not read Local Storage data from previous version of app. All users will loose their data. Application has 150.000 users.

I try to build application again in Windows Phone Silverlight with backup solution, to update application later to UWP Platform. Unfortunetely I'm unable to publish xap files produced by Silverlight Project, because I got error "A previous submission for this app was released with a Windows Phone 8.1 appx or appxbundle package. Subsequent submissions continue to contain a Windows Phone 8.1 appx or appxbundle.".

I cannot afford to release update which clears all users data. I understand Local Storage is not good option for storing user data, but there is my company decision. I will rewrite application storage engine in the future, but I need to face with update problem right now.

Current submission with UWP package is halted and not visible in the store. All I can do now is to update this sumbission. All I'm asking is, is there any option to remove this (invalid for me) sumbission and allow me to update application with xap package?

I tried to found other solution. I cannot create app package (appx, appxuplod etc.) in Visual Studio with Silverlight project (option is not listed in Store submenu).

Please help me find a solution for my problem. I don't want to dissapoint all my users.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Tatiana,

So, what's the file type of the last package in your last submission? Once the app is published as appxbundle, you're not able to go back to non-appxbundle format.

And you can refer to Maintaining package compatibility for Windows Phone 8.1  to find "after an app has a published Windows Phone 8.1 .appxbundle, subsequent updates must have a Windows Phone 8.1 .appxbundle. In other words, a Windows Phone 8.1 XAP or Windows Phone 8.1 .appx is not allowed. This applies to an .appxupload that contains a Windows Phone 8.1 .appxbundle as well".

If you don't follow the package compatibility rules for Windows Phone 8.1, you can't upload your submission.

Thus, I'm afraid you may not be able to update the submission with .xap package. But I'd like to suggest you to contact Dev Center support to discuss if you have any other option, like canceling the previous submission. You can click "Submit an incident" on the right side of that page.  

Please feel free to update here so that we can know your progress and if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 16, 2016 9:30 AM
  • Thank you for reply.
    Friday, December 16, 2016 1:52 PM