Edit New Event Columns RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, is it possible to edit the 'new event' calendar form? I would for example like to remove the workspace and recurrence options.

I know you can edit the webpart...but it seems to be the appearance etc. and not the fields displayed.

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:00 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Take a look at this:  http://blog.libinuko.com/2010/03/21/sharepoint-2010-howto-start-customize-list-form-neweditview-using-infopath-designer-2010/ 

You could also look at creating a child content type off Event and hide the options you want to remove.

Chris Caravajal MCTS SharePoint911 Consulting & Support Services
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Thursday, October 7, 2010 5:42 AM
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:50 PM
  • I've had exactly the same trouble as you.  For some reason, Workplace and Recurrence seem to be hardcoded in, so that the usual options to hide fields are not available.  This is also true if you create a new content type that inherits from Event.

I ended up created a content type that inherits from Item, but which uses all the fields from the standard Event that I did want.  I associated my content type with the calendar list, disassociated the delivered Event, and all was good.

Of course, you could instead create a custom form using Infopath or Sharepoint Designer, but this route is easier, IMHO.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Take a look at this:  http://blog.libinuko.com/2010/03/21/sharepoint-2010-howto-start-customize-list-form-neweditview-using-infopath-designer-2010/ 

You could also look at creating a child content type off Event and hide the options you want to remove.

Chris Caravajal MCTS SharePoint911 Consulting & Support Services
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:50 PM
  • I've had exactly the same trouble as you.  For some reason, Workplace and Recurrence seem to be hardcoded in, so that the usual options to hide fields are not available.  This is also true if you create a new content type that inherits from Event.

I ended up created a content type that inherits from Item, but which uses all the fields from the standard Event that I did want.  I associated my content type with the calendar list, disassociated the delivered Event, and all was good.

Of course, you could instead create a custom form using Infopath or Sharepoint Designer, but this route is easier, IMHO.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 3:43 PM