none
Kinect body initialization RRS feed

• Question

• Im allready writing a project, where i can take control over the mouse cursor.
    This is done, but now when im running the code in VS or stating the exe file.
    My mouse gives his control away to the person in front of the cam.

I would like to have a possibility to first scan the body, and when the body has a special gesture
    The kinect should take over control over the mous, even when i want to drop the mouse cursor, i want to make a special gesture.

So my mouse can take over control of the cursor.

What i also would like to do is, to change my cursor to a big hand picture? 

Can anyone help me ?

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 10:25 AM

All replies

• To use kinect as a mouse look at the kinectmouse.codeplex.com project. But then add your gesture recoginition to the top of the code and it should recognize your gesture before moving the mouse. I have a multimouse project going on with kinect that hasn't be attemped much yet. I have a vbscript that works with expected output but i have yet to get it to wait long enough for me to open mouse mischief to test it properly.

Anyone know of a multimouse program that runs directly within windows that i can use to test my program?

Heres the link to my codeplex project: http://kinectmultipoint.codeplex.com.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda
    • Proposed as answer by The Thinker Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:10 PM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 12:47 AM
  • Also, codeplex should have gesture libraries but search for kinect on codeplex and you should find a custom gesture creation project in which they can save custom gestures to file.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:11 PM