Local Drives not visible... RRS feed

• Question

•          

Local Drives not visible...

Hi everyone i have serious problem, wish someone can help me..
    I have an windows 7 ultimate machine with seagate 500 gb hard disk. Local drive (C:250gb) and new volumes (e:100gb)&(f:150gb).
    yesterday i tried to install ubuntu so i booted from dvd drive and it asked for set up and partitioning options but it just showed only one partition in the setup and it asked for creating new volumes.. I just cancelled the set up and rebooted my system then my new volumes e: & f: are not listed in My computer or anywhere...

Local Drives not visible...-computer.png

But in the disk management option in control panel it shoes the drives but cant access it shows an error..
    Local Drives not visible...-disk-management.png

When i try to access the applications in those drives it gives the following error..

Local Drives not visible...-applicaion-error.png

HELP ME PLEASE
    When using minitool partition wizard, it reveals the partitions and can explore the contents but how to recover the drives?
    Local Drives not visible...-1.png
    Local Drives not visible...-2.png
    Local Drives not visible...-3.png
    Friday, June 3, 2011 8:38 AM

Answers

• Try the Windows files and folders forum at answers.microsoft.com

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, June 13, 2011 8:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum focuses on Perfmon and diagnostic tools. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks.

Bruce Adamczak

Bruce Adamczak Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you
    Monday, June 13, 2011 1:11 PM
  • Try the Windows files and folders forum at answers.microsoft.com

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, June 13, 2011 8:59 PM