none
Test Agent disconnected RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new with testing using Microsoft test agents.
    I'am trying to configure a remote connection using two machines A(contains visual studio 2010 ultimate and a test controller. the name of machine A is ZETEAM03-PC an it have the ip adress 192.168.7.63) machine B (named ZETAM with a test agent 2010 configured and ip adress 192.168.7.51)

My agent is alwayas disconncted and when I try to restart it from machine A I get an Error a shown down ( Impossible to open VSTTAgent on machine ZETEAM access denied)

NB: Machine B (ZETEAM) it contains an other test agent 2012 well configured with a third machine (contains visual studio 2013 and testcontroller 2012)

Is that due to a confusing port number with two agents installed on the some machine B ?

In machine B I get a message of success when I configure my test agent 2010 (please see image number 2)

NB: Machine A and B don't contains anti-virus

Thank you

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi makachakh90,

>>Is that due to a confusing port number with two agents installed on the some machine B?

You mean that you would like to know if it can install two test agent on a same machine, am I right?

If yes, as far as I know, it is not possible to install two agents on the same machine.

From your screen shot, I found that when you register a test agent with a test controller using the ip adress 192.168.7.51 of test controller machine. Therefore, I suggest that you try to ping test agent from test controller to check if it is OK. And when you register test agent to test controller, you enter the name of test controller with 6901 port instead of the IP address of test controller machine to check the result.

In addition, I suggest you could try to check the B machine (containing the installed test agents) if it was in a workgroup and not in a domain as the A machine containing the test controller.

If you installed test controller and test agent on different workgroups, please makes sure the accounts which are logging on the test controller and test agent have the same username and password.

For more information, please see ‘Requirements for workgroups and Multiple Domains’ section in document: Requirements for Workgroups and Multiple Domains

I suggest you check test controller service whether it is running on the A machine.

If it still could not help you, please you enable test agent log and share log to us.

Reference:

How to enable test agent logs

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:26 AM
  • Hi makachakh90,

As you said the test agent could not be connected issue, I further understand your issue. I have been tried to install both test agent 2010 and test agent 2012 on same machine, but I found that it is not possible to install both the test agent 2010 and test agent 2012 on same machine B.

So if you installed the visual studio 2010 ultimate and a test controller 2010 on machine A, I suggest you’d better uninstall the Test Agent 2012 on machine B and then try to configure a remote connection Test Agent again.

In addition, according to your error message, I suggest you can login in your remote machine B check if you are configuring the Test Agent 2010.

Hope it help you!

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 1, 2014 1:53 AM