none
Adminsitrator Code Signing RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to re-sign a document templates macro code without opening the template > Developer > Visual Basic > Tools > Digital Signature.

We have a centralized point for signing and developers do not have access to the production certificates.  Is there a way for us to re-sign the template's code without the steps above, such as a command line?  Apparently those steps aren't working because the signer doesn't have referenced components on their machine.  The file won't run correctly once signed/saved by the signer.

From this article:http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/digitally-sign-a-macro-project-HA001231781.aspx

"Corporate administrators can re-sign templates  and add-ins so that they can control exactly what users can run on their computers."

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:02 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

Thanks for your post.

It seems that you want to re-sign a template macro automatically rather than via UI. Maybe you can accomplish your target by editing registry, which I’m not quite familiar with. I’ll do some research and info you as soon as I get some valuable suggestion.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:17 AM
  • Hello,

No, I am sorry but there is not a way to way to re-sign template's macro code without opening the template, such as a command line.

Thank you.

----------------------

Rachelle Kadrmas [MSFT]

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Rachelle Kadrmas - MSFT Microsoft Online Community Support
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:35 PM