none
Storage explorer unable to retrieve child resource RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to connect to my file share using storage explorer using SAS token, while i am able to make the connection to the storage account i am getting below error on trying to open the file.I checked that the user have the permission on the fileshare the SAS is not expired and everyone else is able to connect to the explorer. They all are in a different network.

Error: 

""Unable to retrieve child resources.

Details:

getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND xxxxxxxxx.file.core.windows.net

xxxxxx.file.core.windows.net:443

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:24 AM

All replies

• Refer the following Storage Explorer troubleshooting documentation :Unable to Retrieve Children

Try deleting "Cookies" & "Cookies-journal" files from %appdata%\storageexplorer then relaunching app

Could you try to implement the steps described in this GitHub post

If possible can you try to un-install and reinstall the latest version and check for the status of the issue.

It would also be worth checking if port 445 is open, since File shares are SMB based, port 445 has to be open. Several Internet service providers block it, so it's also worth testing whether it is open and you can connect to it.  you can use the following tool to test it: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Troubleshooting-tool-for-a9fa1fe5

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:26 PM
  • @Aditi.jain Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, September 23, 2019 5:52 AM
  • @Aditi.jain Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, September 25, 2019 3:30 PM
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:34 AM
  • @Aditi.jain Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, September 27, 2019 8:52 AM