none
Management question regarding .NET installation. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a live production server that will need to have .NET installed.  Our customer has asked us "What are the risks involved with installing the .NET 3.0 framework on their server?"  and also "What sort of downtime can we expect from the server to install this framework?"

I am not really sure how to answer them on this, because frankly, that is stuff that management conjures up in the form of a question, and I don't know, and nor do I care, but either way I must answer them ... so if someone has anything for me, I'd appreciate it!  I did google these questions and can't seem to come up with anything to satisfy the question.

TIA!

Mike
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 7:52 PM

Answers

• Hi

What is your server's Windows version?

.NET Framework installation will install .NET runtime (CLR) along with some .NET assemblies on your machine, I'm not aware any risk to just have a runtime installed (except it conflicts with other software or something)

About how long will it takes, it really depends on your machine condition, and not so long as a single hour (actually it just needs several minutes as I experienced)

Thanks

Thursday, January 31, 2008 5:28 AM