How to Make the App read Office Documents

Question

• Hello,

I am developing a windows 8 app in c#.

I need the app to read a PowerPoint presentation and display it to the user. It should be opened from the app.

Is this possible?

Thank you :)

Sunday, May 11, 2014 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no event or method can detect the  end of each page is reached in windows store app. But you can use PdfPage class to render or read one of  PDF page. You can refer to the link below:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/paulwhit/archive/2013/02/15/pdf-view-components-for-windows-store-apps-winrt-xaml-c.aspx

Or you can search for 3th part product.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, May 12, 2014 2:34 AM
  • SyncFusion community can better help you with your further questions. I will suggest that you explain complete scenario that you want to implement and seek help accordingly.

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you. Happy Coding!!!

Monday, May 12, 2014 6:44 AM

All replies

• MS Office has not come up with anything that can be used in Windows Store Apps for Office related development. Syncfusion has File Format Libraries for Excel IO, Word Document IO, PDF IO and PDF Viewer. That does not provide you any Word or Excel viewer. That can be your closest bet. I have not seen anything that can help you with PPT. 

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you. Happy Coding!!!

Sunday, May 11, 2014 4:42 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I can convert the ppt to pdf each slide on a page and then read it. But when reading the pdf, can I know when the end of each page is reached so that I can process each slide separately?

Sunday, May 11, 2014 7:30 PM
  • Hi,

There is no event or method can detect the  end of each page is reached in windows store app. But you can use PdfPage class to render or read one of  PDF page. You can refer to the link below:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/paulwhit/archive/2013/02/15/pdf-view-components-for-windows-store-apps-winrt-xaml-c.aspx

Or you can search for 3th part product.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, May 12, 2014 2:34 AM
  • SyncFusion community can better help you with your further questions. I will suggest that you explain complete scenario that you want to implement and seek help accordingly.

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Monday, May 12, 2014 6:44 AM