Forwarded notifications in extended implementation of DSS service RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a sort of reference platform for our own robots, io's and encoders, however i am running into an issue, which i have been working on for quite some bit.

When i do this, i do not get the controller's IONotify requests being fired within my IOBlock implementation. I must be overlooking something or have a small error somewhere but i have been working on this for a fair bit now and i would love to see this working.

• Edited by Ken de Jong Friday, December 6, 2013 6:21 PM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Again,

Great solution you're developing!

Some thoughts:

I'm not sure if there are issues with the controller implementation's operation class:

public class IONotify : Update<ioblock.IONotification, PortSet<ioblock.IONotification, Fault>> { }

meaning --> I'm not sure if the first generic in the response portset can be the same data type as the request

Also, I might suggest that you add base.Start() prior to subscribing to your controller partner service in the IOBlock's override of Start().  In other words, remember to respect the ancestors.... ;-)

Let me know if that works. :-)

Dennis M. Knippel

Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Again,

Great solution you're developing!

Some thoughts:

I'm not sure if there are issues with the controller implementation's operation class:

public class IONotify : Update<ioblock.IONotification, PortSet<ioblock.IONotification, Fault>> { }

meaning --> I'm not sure if the first generic in the response portset can be the same data type as the request

Also, I might suggest that you add base.Start() prior to subscribing to your controller partner service in the IOBlock's override of Start().  In other words, remember to respect the ancestors.... ;-)

Let me know if that works. :-)

Dennis M. Knippel

Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:49 PM
  • Hi Ken,

Any luck with this issue yet?

Would be happy to know if any progress has been made.

Thanks,

Dennis M. Knippel

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:44 PM