none
New flight 16193 released for Insiders RRS feed

• General discussion

• We have released a new flight with the build number 16193 for Insiders. If you discover any issue, please report it using the feedback app.

New this build: 

• General bug fixes
    • We have removed the Z-Wave adapter for images built by Microsoft.
    • Enable secureboot to boot with cross signed drivers.
    • Enable Azure active directory
    • Fixed an issue to reenable launching background tasks from visual studio.
    • There are two changes that impact building images with kits:
      • Provisioning versioning number is now a four part number ( earlier it was two part , treated as a single long number)
      • The <ApplicationManagement> tag is now under <Policies> - earlier this was under root.
        • Customizations.xml under appx folder needs to change.
        • Customizations.xml under product folder needs to change.

Known issues:

• Network connectivity failures in MinnowBoard Max (MBM) firmware version 0.93. (Fixed in firmware version 0.94.)
    • BluetoothLE devices may fail to fully connect
    • F5 driver deployment from Visual Studio does not work on IoT Core.
    • The power button is missing from Device Portal
    • Joule may become unstable after 30-60 minutes due to an issue with the graphics driver.

Thanks!

Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:49 PM

All replies

• The samples for customizations.xml can be found at https://github.com/ms-iot/iot-adk-addonkit/blob/develop/Source-arm/Packages/Appx.IoTCoreDefaultApp/customizations.xml and https://github.com/ms-iot/iot-adk-addonkit/blob/develop/Source-arm/Products/SecureSample/prov/customizations.xml.
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:54 PM
  • I noticed that there is a VCHIQ driver installed and running in the official Win10 IoT image for Raspberry Pi (build 16193), but none of the major apps that use this driver on Linux (e.g. video players) have been ported. Also, there are many forum posts saying that there is still no GPU support in Win10 IoT for RPi, which seems to contradict this driver being present in the image.

So is this driver functional at all? Are there any apps that exercise it, and are expected to work, no matter how small (e.g. a test app), either in the official image, or in one of the repos under github.com/ms-iot?

Thanks!

Sunday, May 14, 2017 7:02 AM
  • Hi mnidza,

All new features available will be disclosed in the pre-release post. If this is not then it is likely not complete as you noted.  I will merge this question specific to that disclosure with that posting.

Sincerely,

IOTGirl

Monday, May 15, 2017 3:57 PM
  • Hi, last night I made a long post about an issue and my findings with the WiFiDirect API that fails in the pairing process when trying to make a connection between two devices. It has to be closely related to the known issue listed above: "BluetoothLE devices may fail to fully connect" because all device pairings are handled by the same Device Association Framework. This functionality is crucial for my application and would like to know how deep in the priority list is this problem to be resolved. Also, is it something I can help to investigate further and hopefully fix?.

I spent a considerable amount of time searching GitHub for the source file of Windows.Devices.WifiDirect.dll or at least it's symbol file without success ... but I confess that I'm not a GitHub expert.

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:06 PM
  • Hi GMGALLO,

Did you log your issue with the feedback app as requested? From above: 

"If you discover any issue, please report it using the feedback app."

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, May 18, 2017 5:20 AM
  • Hi IoTGirl,

I did it twice, once on the general Windows Insider feedback, before I learned about this forum, and the second a week later, after I read through the instructions posted here, but I didn't get any confirmation that the log files successfully uploaded. Is there any way to verify that it arrived to the correct place and they got the log files?

Thanks!

Friday, May 19, 2017 5:52 PM
  • Hi GMGALLO,

You should be able to track the status of your submission in the feedback application itself.  They will use that interface to work with you directly and request more info as needed.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:40 PM
  • Hi IoTGirl,

Yes, I did read through the guided tour of the sample and did it myself countless times with different combinations of parameters, hosts, and clients. The hardware I'm using is NOT one of the ones listed there, however, it can't be that critical to be limited to a handful of choices. WiFi direct is a well stablished standard, and I have made sure that the WiFi radios in all the tests support Wi-Fi Direct capabilities required. After some more testing I narrowed the problem to the device pairing for WiFi Direct, At some point, I managed to make it work a couple of times, and the rest of the API works just fine. Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the conditions under which the pairing succeeds. I also tried the BluetoothRfcommChat sample, and that one also works fine, including pairing, which has to be done manually, but Bluetooth pairing is not recognized by WiFi Direct, the device is still listed as unpaired.  Bluetooth is the second best option for my application, but not ideal, it's more like a workaround. I hope they find what's wrong with WiFi pairing soon. 

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 10:34 PM
  • What's happening to Z-wave?
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 6:14 AM
  • Why is Z-Wave support dropped?
    Saturday, June 17, 2017 9:48 PM