none
Exchange 2007 Server Domain Name Changed RRS feed

• Question

• This is regarding AD Domain Consolidation while considering Exchange 2007 Infrastucture:

1.  I have Single Forest (1)  and Multiple Domain (3) ie. one root domain, and 3 sub domains for a total of 4 domains.
    2.  I have Lync2010 Infrastrutre Deployement in all 3 Child Domain repectivily, and each domain specific user uses their domain pool for login.
    3.  Now i have a project that demands to consolidate the 3 sub-domains down to the 1 root domain.  So all user / computer / server need to be moved to Root Domain.

So the requirement is to Move the Exchange 2007 Server Deployment from respective Child Domain to Root Domain. What is the best way i can migrate / Move the Exchange 2007 Server and all it's components.

This a Active Directory Domain Name Change...

Ex. My Current HT Server is named as : HT01.Ad.Domain.Com, this need to be changed to HT01.Domain.Com.

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:54 AM

All replies

• Build a new server and move everything to the new server, then retire the old server.   You cannot rename an Exchange server nor can you move it between domains.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:01 AM