encountered odd problem when start a remote CE node from VS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I encountered an odd problem.

I successfully debug a remote node on CE device last week by adding break point in the start() method and start it from VS of my desktop PC. But when I try to do the same thing today, the program can not stop at the break point, why? 

It seems that the connection is all right and the icon on CE device shows it is processing but minutes past, no expected stop happened.

I regenerate the cf project, even more I reinstalled the MSRS CTP1.5, unfortunately the problem is still existing.

Thant's the question, thanks a lot!

Monday, July 2, 2007 10:35 AM

Answers

• VisualStudio will not activate breakpoints unless the dlls on your CE device match exactly the latest dlls you have built on your PC. Please make sure you deploy all the dlls to your CE device, every time you recompile. You can use the VS Remote FIle Viewer utility to upload files in the CE device directory where the MSRS dlls are, or follow our CE development instructions for other options

thanx

g

Monday, July 2, 2007 8:06 PM

All replies

• VisualStudio will not activate breakpoints unless the dlls on your CE device match exactly the latest dlls you have built on your PC. Please make sure you deploy all the dlls to your CE device, every time you recompile. You can use the VS Remote FIle Viewer utility to upload files in the CE device directory where the MSRS dlls are, or follow our CE development instructions for other options

thanx

g

Monday, July 2, 2007 8:06 PM
  • Hi George,

Thank you so much! The problem has been solved, it is because of my mistake that changed to a wrong Time Zone. Sorry for burden you. Your answer is also helpful for my next work! Thank you! 

thanks

Amy 

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 3:18 AM