Getting an error when trying to open my SketchFlow project in VS 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I've basically finished working with my prototype project in Expression Blend 3, and now want to add a little bit of code using Visual Studio 2008 Professional.  I opened the .sln project and then tried to open the .xaml file that I wanted to add code to, in a code-behind file.  I got the following error message:

Problem Loading The document contains errors that must be fixed beforte the designer can be loaded. Reload the designer after you have fixed the errors.

Why am I getting this error? Could it be the formatting used in SketchFlow?  Might VS 2008 not be aware of it?

Rod
    Monday, March 29, 2010 9:08 PM

All replies

• Hmm... anything produced by sketchflow/blend should be editable in VS 2008. 

Does it give an more info?  Can you post the xaml/code behind here?

Monday, March 29, 2010 9:45 PM
  • Also, there are known issues where VS 2008 does not open valid SketchFlow content (if you build and run everything should work, which means that there is an issue with the design surface inside VS).

The Visual Studio forums could provide you with more help: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vswpfdesigner/threads

Thanks,

Unni

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, March 29, 2010 10:53 PM
  • Also, there are known issues where VS 2008 does not open valid SketchFlow content (if you build and run everything should work, which means that there is an issue with the design surface inside VS). Does using VS 2010 help with this scenario? VS 2010 should be able to edit WPF SketchFlow projects, for example.

The Visual Studio forums could provide you with more help: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vswpfdesigner/threads

Thanks,

Unni

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, March 29, 2010 10:53 PM
  • Hmm... anything produced by sketchflow/blend should be editable in VS 2008. 

Does it give an more info?  Can you post the xaml/code behind here?

It is a bit long (the .xaml file); over 300 lines.  I think I may pursue Unni's suggestion and post a question to the Visual Studio forums.

Rod
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:04 PM
  • Chuck, I thought that maybe instead of posting all of the XAML, I can post just 1 section of the code, which includes the error that VS 2008 is complaining about.  Here's one representative XAML code segment:

<Button Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="4" Style="{DynamicResource Button-Sketch}" VerticalAlignment="Top" Content="Missed Appointments">
    	<i:Interaction.Triggers>
    		<i:EventTrigger EventName="Click">
    			<pb:NavigateToScreenAction TargetScreen="RFSPrototype1Screens.Screen_1_1"/>
    		</i:EventTrigger>
    	</i:Interaction.Triggers>
    </Button>

and the line it's complaining about is:

<i:Interaction.Triggers>
    The error message VS 2008 is generating is: "The attachable property 'Triggers' was not foudn in type 'Interaction'.
    Rod
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:09 PM