Healthvault DDK with Multiuser facility RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I have took the "FabrikamGlucose" driver example and compiled it with no errors. Then by using the healthvault connection center i am able to upload the Glucose measurements to the Healthvault account. This example is for single user measurements at a time. If i have to upload the data to a different healthvault account i have to select that particular account in the healthvault connection center and then upload the measurement data.

Then i took the sample "FabrikamBloodPressure". In that eaxmples the measurements files were generated for two users (User A and User B).Here also to upload the files i have to select a account Id for User A and another Account ID for User B. After which i click on the Upload button the measurements data are uploaded to the two users specified.

But is it possible to generate the measurements files using the health vault account Id which is been selected in the Healthvault connection center app. I need to generate the measurements files like "Rajendran Blood Glucose Measurement 0" instead of "Blood Glucose measurement 0" by using the FabrikamGlucose" sample driver or files like "Rajendran Blood Pressure measurement 0" instead of UserA Blood Pressure measurement" and "Rajendran1 Blood Pressure measurement 0" instead of UserB Blood Pressure measurement. I will specify the Health vault account id instead of users and it should automatically upload to the health vault account without selecting the user id in the health vault connection center app.

If it is possible, then i request you to guide me in this kind of senario.

Thanks and regards

Rajendran Kumar

Friday, April 22, 2011 5:05 AM

All replies

• Hello Rajendran,

If I understand the scenario correctly you want to upload the data directly from the driver to a specific HealthVault record without needing the user to select the record from the HealthVault Connection Center (HVCC) UI. As per my knowledge this scenario is not supported by HVCC. The user is always required to select the target record for each data upload. I will confirm this with our device team and will get back to you.

In the meantime I am feeling that there is another option for this scenario if this feature is a highly needed one. For that method the device will have to communicate to a Web Service, passing the data and the record information to upload the data. The Web Service should then create an Offline connection with the record and upload the data. Here please note that there should be some authorization mechanism for the Web Service, may be through a registration site, to retrieve and store the Record ID and the Person ID which will be used for creating the offline connection.

Thanks and Regards,

Aneesh D.

Monday, April 25, 2011 5:39 PM
  • Hello Aneesh,

1. Thanks for the response. I think you have understood our scenario. To reiterate our scenario is as follows:

- Our Medical device captures health data for multiple patients simultaniously.

- On press of a button in our Medical Device, we want the health data of multiple patients to be uploaded directly to the respective individual Health Vault record with out any manual intervention in HVCC (A one time option of mapping the user name with the Health Vault ID is needed in HVCC). By this regular user intervention with HVCC can be avoided

Hope the above explanation helps.

Whether the above scenario is currently supported?

2. Can you elaberate on how to create an Offline connection with the record and upload the data. If possible can you provide some samples as this is a highly needed feature for us.

Rajendran Kumar
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:26 AM
  • Hello Rajendran,

I got a confirmation from our development team that the scenario suggested in step 1 is not currently supported by HVCC.

If you install the .Net SDK then you can find an Offline sample in the installation folder, normally located at \Program Files\Microsoft HealthVault\SDK\DotNet\WebSamples. This sample will show you how to create an Offline connection and work with the HealthVault record. Also please take a look at the post here. In this way you will have to by pass the HVCC. Data should be send directly to the Web Service and the Web Service will have to create an Offline connection and upload the data. Here please note that for creating an Offline connection you will need the Record ID and the Person ID for the record and this will have to be retrieved prior to the start of data transfer, for example by having a registration web site which will authorize the user with HealthVault.

Thanks and Regards,

Aneesh D.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:48 PM