none
ClosedXML Sort Problem with Formula

Question

• Hi.

I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask a ClosedXML question, I can't find a dedicated forum, so I'll try here.

I have a spreadsheet which I've loaded into CloseXML.

Some of the cells have a formula, and after reading, the cell has a Value and a CachedValue which are effectively the same.

If I perform a SORT on a range which includes the call with a formula, then after the sort, the cell (which have moved to a different row) has a CachedValue (which is correct) but has a Value that has nothing to do with the cell.

So - I save the worksheet, and then it get processed by OpenXML (don't ask!).

When OpenXML hits this cell, the "Value" is the formula in text, and not the calculated value.

Is something going wrong in ClosedXML with the sort?

[As a workaround, in Closed XML, I update the Cell.Value with the Cached value. This gets me past the problem in OpenXML, but it loses the formula!]

Thanks

Trefor

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hi TreforE,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, please post a new thread in Github.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by TreforE Thursday, May 4, 2017 4:06 PM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 2:39 AM

All replies

• Hi TreforE,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, please post a new thread in Github.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by TreforE Thursday, May 4, 2017 4:06 PM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 2:39 AM
  • Thanks.
    Thursday, May 4, 2017 4:06 PM