New markets selection problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an app with ID f10f3c34-3f42-4ed8-9803-cab4d26428e4. Until now, I was distributing this app in all markets except market in group 1 (only China) because the app is using the Bing maps.

Recently, I have seen more markets appearing in the market selection and the markets count gone to around 190 from the 63 that they were before. So, I decided to publish to all markets again (except Group 1), so that my application will appear in the new markets too.

My problem is the following:

Before submitting in the new markets my application had base price of 1.49. I kept that price and submitted again to the new markets with the same base price of 1.49. Today, my application was certified for the price change (I didn't choose to publish automatically).

Going to app hub and looking the 'pricing' page of my application, I see the following. In the Published app pricing I see the correct prices for the 63 market places (base of 1.49 EUR), but when I press on the combo box and choose the 'In-progress pricing', all prices are displaying 0.0 EUR.

What is going on? Does anyone know? If publish it, will all prices go to 0 EUR?

Thank you very much.

Efthymios Kalyviotis.

Friday, August 24, 2012 11:06 AM

All replies

• I looked at your appID and it does look like your prices have been updated to 0 - I suggest to use the "Edit submission" action to fix this before publishing.

How did you change the prices? Did you go to the markets page and change one by one? If you aren't looking to select different prices for different markets, you should go to the "App info" page and select "Distribute to all markets except those with stricter content rules", make sure your base price is correct and click "Save" - you can double check that the prices are correct by going to the market page. Go back to the "Update app" page and submit your changes.

Jin

• Proposed as answer by Jin Zhang Friday, August 24, 2012 8:18 PM
    Friday, August 24, 2012 8:18 PM
  • Thank you very much Jin for your help. Unfortunately, before going to distribute my application to all markets by going to the 'App info' page, I opened the markets page to see where it is distributed. After that, going back to the previous page (of course without saving anything), it didn't have anymore the 'Update' button in my new submission so I had to delete it and update again the original one.

I really can not understand the reason for this to happen. I do believe that Microsoft should pay attention to fix some of these issues and then Dev Center will become a marvelous tool. For example, after submitting an update, the interface should offer an option to cancel it at any time (forgiving user mistakes) without the need to wait to be tested by the certification team. This way, the certification team will not spend useless time to certify an app update that will eventually be deleted and from the developer perspective, the developer will not wait days before fixing his/her mistakes.

Thank you

Efthymios Kalyviotis

Saturday, August 25, 2012 7:46 AM