Project files locations RRS feed

• Question

• I have changed the solution and project files location and now it won't recognize all the .cpp files.
    Do I have to remove them and add them again in the new location?
    Sunday, September 7, 2008 12:18 PM

Answers

• So long as the files are in the same relative location to the vcproj file they should be found.

The quicker way to update the files is to right click on the project in the solution explorer and click 'Unload Project'. Once it is unloaded you can edit it through right clicking on it again.

When you first see xml formatted content of the vcproj file it can be a little daunting, but towards the bottom of the file you should see the relative paths to each of your files. Edit these locations (or find and replace) and right click the project again (in solution explorer) and reload it..
    • Marked as answer by Amit Minis Tuesday, September 9, 2008 5:54 AM
    Sunday, September 7, 2008 2:18 PM

All replies

• So long as the files are in the same relative location to the vcproj file they should be found.

The quicker way to update the files is to right click on the project in the solution explorer and click 'Unload Project'. Once it is unloaded you can edit it through right clicking on it again.

When you first see xml formatted content of the vcproj file it can be a little daunting, but towards the bottom of the file you should see the relative paths to each of your files. Edit these locations (or find and replace) and right click the project again (in solution explorer) and reload it..
    • Marked as answer by Amit Minis Tuesday, September 9, 2008 5:54 AM
    Sunday, September 7, 2008 2:18 PM
  • I think you had not saved your project .Remember when you add any new File to your Project and close the project so now onward  whenever you will open your solution and run the project it will give your error. So Simply add the Files to your Project and save it . I Don't think path will be a problem for you .Simply Close your solution .Now from your New path where you had copied your project and Files pick the solution and rebuild your solution once again .Hopefully it will work proper for you.

Thanx

Rupesh Shukla
    Monday, September 8, 2008 8:55 AM
  • No that wasn't the problem. I did saved it but because it was in a different path, the relative paths of the files didn't worked now.
    So i've edited them one by one (find and replace)

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 5:56 AM