none
Powerpoint SlideXML not stable RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are trying to use the content of each Slide.xml to identify the given slide is modified or not.

But in our C# automation for reading the Slide.XML we found. Powerpoint itself automatically modified internally other non modified slide and rearrange the open XML structure or put tags like below

<a:r>
    <a:rPr lang="en-US" dirty="0" smtClean="0" />
    <a:t> 
    </a:t>
    </a:r>

Any other better mechanism to how to avoid this? or find a modified slide?

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I'm not sure whether you are using C# code to access to the slide.xml file of presentation zip package directly or using Open XML SDK to access to Slide object.

But after testing and researching, I fail to find any information about modifying such as date time in the slide.xml file. In addition, storing all changes in the documents is not an effective method since we may modify a document many times. So I'm afraid it's hard for us to detect whether a slide is modified through reading Slide.xml file or Open XML SDK.

>>Powerpoint itself automatically modified internally other non modified slide and rearrange the open XML structure or put tags like below<<

About the unstable Slide.XML file, it is more related to Open XML format instead of Open XML SDK development, you can consider posting in Open XML Format forum for more effective responses.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I'm not sure whether you are using C# code to access to the slide.xml file of presentation zip package directly or using Open XML SDK to access to Slide object.

But after testing and researching, I fail to find any information about modifying such as date time in the slide.xml file. In addition, storing all changes in the documents is not an effective method since we may modify a document many times. So I'm afraid it's hard for us to detect whether a slide is modified through reading Slide.xml file or Open XML SDK.

>>Powerpoint itself automatically modified internally other non modified slide and rearrange the open XML structure or put tags like below<<

About the unstable Slide.XML file, it is more related to Open XML format instead of Open XML SDK development, you can consider posting in Open XML Format forum for more effective responses.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:29 AM
  • Tnank you for prompt reply

We want to know about slide's text or layout has been modified or not. All these information is stored in Slide.XML for each given slide. Using C# and OpenXML object we read the slide XML and then using XMLDiff tool we find the difference between previous presentation and modified presentation.

To better explain I give you a scenario. I have presentation with 2 slides. so in presentation zip package it would contain 2 slide XML. So we store them separately for reference. Then we content in 2nd slide, Obviously content in 2nd Slide.xml will get changed but some time we observed - PowerPoint itself modified content of Slide1.XML which we didn't touch at all. So question is how to avoid or manage this?

Sachin

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:22 AM