none
Outlook Meeting App source location as SharePoint Online hosted app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

below is my requirement and I wonder if it is even feasible -

1. Create a outlook meeting app using Visual Studio.

(My end goal is to use "SPOnline Hosted App" as Hosting environment for application)

3. Create a test app and deploy the app to SPOnline

4. Alter the Manifest file of Outlook app and point the "sourcelocation" to the SPOnline 'App' URL

5. Upload the file to Exchange Admin in O365 site. Add the file under addin section and activate the app.

Please note that SPOnline, ExchangeOnline are all part of the same O365 account.

When I deploy the above; and access a meeting I do see the tab in appointments.

When I click it, app tries to load. However, I get "Add-in ErrorSomething went wrong and we couldn't start this add-in. Please try again later or contact your system administrator".

I click on 'Retry' for the first time.

Then it tries to load again, but gives error "Add-in ErrorThis add-in may not load properly, but you can still try to start it."

I click on 'Start' button and it shows the SharePoint App Web page as expected.

So, my questions -

1. Is the above model feasible?

2. Did anyone try this model and experienced the errors?

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:22 PM

Answers

• Hi D Miller,

As far I as I known, the error message would display when the Mail add-in can't detect the reference for the Office.js. Did you add any reference for this file?

In addition, I am not able to understand that publish the "deploy the app to SPOnline". Based on my understanding, we need to publish the web part of Office add-in to a web server or web hosting service such as Azure. You can get more detail about Office add-ins from link below:

Office Add-ins platform overview

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:58 AM