How move LightSwitch application to another computer? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to make a standalone application created with LightSwitch. Created a table, made r​​elations. Did release the application and moved in whole directory LightSwitch with directory Release and directory Data (ApplicationDatabase.mdf, LightSwitch Application database) on another computer without installing Visual Studio. Launched vslshost.exe in directory Release, received a message that you need to install Silverlight. Install Silverlight and launched again vslshost.exe . Received a message that it can not connect data and need to check your network connection. I do not know how to properly configure the migrated application to work with ApplicationDatabase.mdf in directory Data.

Prompt :

1. How       to configure the      application to work release on another computer?
    2. How to create standalone applications LightSwitch for transfer to another computer, a directory, rather than using      the installation package? What  packages thus will need to  install on another Computer literacy (version NET Framework, SQL Server, Silverlight)?
    3. How to create  installation packagesLightSwitch to install the application?

Project posted on http://yadi.sk/d/U2y5l61DKxmea

Alex

• Moved by Mike Danes Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:14 AM LightSwitch specific
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Alex,

Based on my understanding, you may try deploying your Lightswitch application to achieve the goal. The process of deploying a LightSwitch application differs depending on the application type and deployment scenario that you choose.

You may refer to the link below:

Deploying LightSwitch Applications

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff872288.aspx

Hope it helps.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, April 1, 2014 1:27 AM
    Monday, March 24, 2014 5:26 AM